setup access controls for tplink modem router device
You can control devices to access your network with the help of access control option of your tplink modem router. The connect to tp link modem can help you in getting modem router related information.
Steps to setup access controls for tplink modem router
- Open the modem router login page and log in to admin console by providing the username and password.
- Now under Advanced section, go to Security and then to Access Control. Now enable the Access Control option.
- Now you can select the access mode to either block (this one is recommended) or to allow the device(s) in the list.
If selected blacklist option then it will block the device(s) in the list from accessing your network. All such devices under blacklist will not be able to perform any task in your network, but the other devices that are not in the list can still access your network.
If selected whitelist option, it allows only the device(s) in the list to access your network. Only devices in whitelist can access the network and all other devices that are not in the list will not be able to access your network. Even any new device will not be able to access your network until that is marked in white list.
To block specific device(s)
- To block the particular devices, you need to select Blacklist and then click Save.
- Now select the device(s) that you want to block in the Devices Online table.
- Finally click over the Block button that is present above the Devices Online table.
All the selected devices that are added in the Blacklist will not be able to access your network.
To allow specific device(s)
- In order to allow only selected devices from accessing your network you need to select Whitelist and then click Save.
- Now to add the devices, click over Add.
- Enter the Device Name and MAC Address of the device that you like to allow.
If that device is connected to your network then you can copy-paste the Device Name and MAC Address from Devices Online table.
- Finally click OK to add the entered device.